Pain Points for the Company
- Insurance & Workers’ Compensation Costs
- Lost time through absenteeism & poor productivity
For your Staff:
- Pain-back, neck, shoulder, arm, wrist, eyes, headaches & Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Lack of comfort, “my chair is not comfortable.”
- Tension, fatigue, lack of energy and productivity
- Poor posture, organ function & interpersonal skills
- Results of sitting incorrectly-poor concentration & digestion, varicose veins
The Alexander Technique focuses on the use of the body while it is within the workstation. It is the body in relation to the technology (rather than vice-versa) which makes this approach to ergonomics so powerful.
Your staff are shown how to take a proactive approach by:
- Learning how to identify and eliminate tension in the body
- Learning how to maintain correct posture
- Learning correct body maps
- Setting up & maintaining a Best Practice Ergonomic Workstation
- Learning how to develop efficient habits in your work environment
Our Ergonomics Training Courses
2Information Sessions on Best Practice Ergonomicsusually run for two hours, often including the lunch hour
3Ergonomic Workshopspart day courses run over a number of days/ half day
4Individual workstation assessments and adjustments
5Working from Home
6Individual workstation assessments and adjustments for special needs.
- Workers’ Compensation Claims
- bad backs
- Occupational Overuse Syndrome
7courses to maximise performance and minimize injury during:
- downsizing or cutting costs
- increased workloads
8Consultation for Office Fit-outs and the purchase of new equipment
Enquire about Ergonomic Training now
Why choose Barbara?
Barbara’s clients choose to use her because:
- Training complies with Work Health and Safety Legislation
- Training is cost effective
- reduces absenteeism
- reduces Workcover and Insurance Premiums
- increases Retention and Presenteeism
- Barbara finds practical, low cost solutions to ergonomic issues
- change the habit and the problem usually disappears!
- uses The Alexander Technique to solve the chronic situations
- Because of her expertise and experience assessments and adjustments take between 8 to 10 minutes. Special needs do take longer. Most Ergonomists allow 15 minutes for a workstation set-up
- It is Awareness Training which teaches independence and increases energy levels and productivity
- Staff become interested and responsible partners in Work Health and Safety
- Because Barbara teaches staff how to use their equipment she improves the life of the HR Team by stopping the niggling phone calls, “I don’t like my chair”
- Because of her expertise, experience & teaching background she bring lasting results
- Staff like working with her
“Barbara has worked with us for the past ten years. She conducts ergonomic assessments to ensure staff are working safely and comfortably. Barbara’s focus on health and wellbeing ensures the risk of injury is minimised through posture awareness and workstation set up. Barbara has delivered tailored workshops for us and guided the firm on appropriate ergonomic furniture and equipment, particularly during office relocations and new fit outs.”
Jocelyn Sorrensen, Communications Manager.
Ebsworth & Ebsworth Lawyers (as of May 2008; HWL Ebsworth Lawyers)
What participants have said
"I sit and stand taller because my neck is not stiff any more and my back is not frozen"
"I enjoy the re-education aspect of Barbara’s work. I now have to think about how to use my body and what is the best way to move as I do a task"
"I now sit looser and straighter without any tension in my back or legs"
Are they the answer to the health risks of prolonged sitting, the new buzzword in ergonomics or the next marketing opportunity? "Market trends which are adding momentum to such investments may, however, be moving at a faster pace than the related and supporting evidence base can be produced." (British Journal ofStanding Workstations
"I don’t have any reason to lean and look for support from the back of the chair any more. My spine directs itself up without any effort"