Health & Wellbeing Training
- Lack of mental clarity, “my mind races”
- Lack of emotional energy and balance
- Lack of productivity
- Pain, discomfort and tension
- Lack of sleep
- Feeling stressed, lacking direction, motivation or confidence
- Poor organ function and skeletal support – inability to breathe efficiently, constipation, poor digestion, lack of lustre in hair, nails, skin and poor posture
- Poor nutritional habits
- The Alexander Technique is a powerful Stress Management tool because it addresses Stress at the physiological base
- The simple formula of The Alexander Technique is “use effects function” i.e. the way we use our bodies determines the outcome -“function”
- It develops an awareness of the patterns and strategies unconsciously used in thinking, feeling and moving
- You learn to “undo” harmful or limiting movements and replace them easy and free movement
- It doesn’t involve effort because it is a neurological re-education
- It creates an inner experience of how you hold yourself
- You are more centred and your relationship to the ground is different
- You create a new sensory memory in such a way that:
- you create a more relaxed and harmonious experience
- you create more space within yourself and
- by extension within your life
Health & Wellbeing Training courses
1Two hour courses
2Half day courses
3One day courses
Enquire about Health & Wellbeing courses now
What people are saying
"I could not believe how physical my stress was. I noticed that as I did my semi-supine the stomach jitters that I experienced as part of my stress were gone"
"It's interesting to notice how I put incorrect emphasis on my body parts e.g. arching my back. I enjoy the relief which occurs in my body as I change my thinking"
"Semi-supine energises and relaxes me. It is like doing a meditation. As you work through it with the CD everything is in unison and then I am able to adapt the teaching of the tape to other daily activities"
"It's about the body & the physical things that happen. I enjoy the mental and visual process of allowing the breathing, lengthening and widening, which happens in semi-supine to free my body"
"It makes me feel better about the way I hold myself and when I feel confident I walk tall. I feel Presence. If my body feels good I can reason with my mind a lot more"